Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014

When I arrived in Turgutreis for the first time, I instantly felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and familiarity. Even though I had never been there before, I felt like I was lured to experience something new. I also had the realization that I was not feeling nervous, even though I was in a strange place and meeting new people. However I was only there for one day and I was introduced to a lifestyle in Turgutreis that if I adopted permanently would slowly but surely kill me.

About Turgutreis on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey

The feel good factor was combined with fine food, gentle strolls, excellent vibes, friendly people and the most gorgeous sunset of the Aegean coast. These all lend weight to a lifestyle that is alluring but dangerous. Within one day, I found myself sipping a beer on the sea front while watching the world go by. I was unwilling to explore the unknown parts of Turgutreis as I had already succumbed to the easy laid back way of life.
It all started in the morning when we left Bodrum and drove to Turgutreis by the coastal roads which were empty and boosting magnificent sights of faraway islands. It was a short, pleasant drive and the only scare was a cow in the middle of the road that had decided it would make a break for freedom.
Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014 Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
Driving the coastal road from Bodrum to Turgutreis

Turgutreis Marina

Once we entered Turgutreis, we found our hotel down by the marina. We checked in quickly, and after a quick inspection of the rooms, headed out to explore. Of course, I wanted to see boats owned by the rich sailors of the seas. These were all docked in the marina however a security guard barring the entrance soon put laid to those plans.
Instead we strolled by the shopping front of the marina and found ourselves enticed by Coffee World. To a pure caffeine addict like me, this was heaven. The brand name franchise of Coffee World ( Khave Dunyasi) has since then, stuck in my mind as being the only contender which could possibly take the crown from Starbucks.
coffee world Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
Coffee Cake from Coffeee World
kahve dunyasi Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
The cake was served with a caramel coffee
After coffee and cake, shopping was next on the agenda. Unfortunately the shops in the posh marina were a little out of my price range, however we soon found ourselves down by the Turgutreis harbor where laughing children were running around playing, sailors were attending to work on their boats and ex-pats were sitting in front of beach side cafes.
Turgutreis marina front Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
The Marina Shopping Front At Turgutreis
Turgutreis bodrum  
Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
The vibes were rubbing off on me slowly but surely and after a walk down the backstreets of Turgutreis, thoughts of shopping were forgotten and we soon found ourselves back on the beach front, sipping a cold Efes beer and watching the sun go down. The sunset in Turgutreis is said to be the best on the Aegean coast and now I have seen it, I totally agree.
boats of turgutreis  
Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
bodrum turgutreis  
Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
turgutreis beach Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
The main beach of Turgutreis
turgutreis bodrum turkey Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
Statue on the harbour front to keep all sailors safe while at sea.
turgutreis harbour  
Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
Any thoughts about going back to the hotel, to get ready for an evening out were soon out of the window. Instead we ordered a platter of King Prawns and calamari to supplement our third Efes beer. Overall, I experienced a perfect day. When entering Turgutreis, I felt straight at home.
The food, the people and the town itself all blend together to create an atmosphere that should be packaged and sold to people suffering from stress. However, if living in the resort permanently, self-indulgence and a slow, relaxed way of life would slowly but surely put me in my grave.
turgutreis restaurants Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
King Prawns Served by La Vista Restaurant on the Sea front
sunset in turgutreis Turgutreis, on the Bodrum Peninsula of Turkey Holidays 2014
Fine Food, Cold Beer and The Perfect Sunset

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Hamilton Island, Australia - Holidays Guide 2014

Birmingham, England - Travel and Holidays Guide 2014

Antalya Holidays Rent a Car, Airport Car Rental Antalya - Turkey 2014